Commercial Construction Senior Project Manager
Your New Company:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is proudly an employee-owned project management firm and general contractor specializing in Design, Construction, Development & Sustainability. Having the best people is what makes Hernandez Consulting & Construction a top-tier leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our employee-owners. You too can play a critical role in the future of our company by starting your own career here at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. From federal buildings, VA hospitals, military housing to universities, hotels, and more, Hernandez Consulting & Construction has shaped America for over 16 years. Our work of building government and private buildings leaves a towering legacy that will last the test of time; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of commercial construction opportunities, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. Come be a part of our team while we have openings available!
Your New Role:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is looking for an individual, with at least 10 years of experience, to join its expanding team as a Construction SR Project Manager. You must demonstrate at least ten (10) years of experience in managing and overseeing projects. This role will be responsible for the overall cohesion of the construction project. Someone with an undergraduate degree in construction management would be ideal.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Construction Related Degree (BA/BSc) or a good tenure in a construction company.
- 10 years experience in construction management as a Project Manager.
- Great Communication Skills.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks.
- Be a self-starter.
- Ability to drive and push all involved parties forward towards project completion.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Primavera.
- Vista and/or Procore knowledge and experience are a plus.
What you’ll be doing in your new role:
- Prepares and maintains the Progress Schedule.
- Prepares and processes RFI's and submittals.
- Expedites Scheduled Shop Drawings and Shop Drawing Log.
- Maintain Company Reports (Weekly and Monthly).
- Prepare monthly Pay Applications, process and approve bills and invoices. Maintain cash flow reports, and update cost reports.
- Prepares change orders for all Client changes. Represents the company as the liaison between Client and Architect.
- Notify Client and Architect of any and all potential time delays, changes, payments, and labor disputes.
- Maintain safety control.
- Administer the Client and Subcontractor contracts.
- Expedite material deliveries and labor to the project. Maintain delivery schedules for all materials and equipment.
- Prepare subcontractor change orders.
- Prepare all necessary correspondence to all subcontractors, Client, and Architect.
- Schedule and hold weekly job site meetings with all subcontractors, Client, and Architect.
- Maintain project budget and cost control.
- Maintains organization of the project job site office and site.
- Maintains quality control, production control, and job site administration.
- Maintain job site files.
- Maintain contract documents and keep up-to-date as-built drawings.
- Prepare monthly cost reports and coordinate projections with the superintendent.
- Submit weekly labor reports.
- Keep Management advised of all potential issues or problems.
You’ll need to embrace Hernandez Consulting & Construction’s Core Values:
- We are Team Players
- We are Self-Driven
- We are Solution Focused
- We are Accountable
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Company employee bonus program
- Opportunity to grow with an industry leader
- We’ll pay 80% of your Medical Health Insurance premiums through our carrier
- Employee paid Dental, and Vision plan
- Disability (short term is employer-paid and long term is employee paid)
- Life Insurance (employer-paid)
- 401k with company match
- 3 weeks PTO, 8 holidays per year
- The company makes annual Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) contributions.
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Hernandez Consulting & Construction does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need