Business Development Administrator
Your New Company:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is proudly an employee-owned project management firm and general contractor specializing in Design, Construction, Development & Sustainability. Having the best people is what makes Hernandez Consulting & Construction a top-tier leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our employee-owners. You too can play a critical role in the future of our company by starting your own career here at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. From federal buildings, VA hospitals, military housing to universities, hotels, and more, Hernandez Consulting & Construction has shaped America for over 16 years. Our work of building government and private buildings leaves a towering legacy that will last the test of time; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of commercial construction opportunities, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. Come join our team while we have openings available!
Your new role:
The Business Development Administrator's primary responsibilities are to administer and manage all essential duties as determined to support the Pre-Construction (Estimating, proposal writing, and Business Development) Department’s responses to Federal, municipal, and private bids solicitations.
What you’ll be doing in your new role:
- Managing an Excel Spreadsheet with our upcoming projects that we are responding.
- Coordinate bid site visits
- Send calendar invitations to the pre-construction team for upcoming projects
- Coordinate RFI submission with Pre-construction team and client
- Conduct online searches for upcoming projects
- Create preliminary project outlines (matrix) for proposals
- Communicate with each internal group or individual about project updates
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, while understanding time-sensitive issues.
- Maintain and support a positive attitude towards work which further promotes a strong team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be utilized when communicating with diverse project teams.
- Familiarity with Sam.gov and federal contracting is preferred.
- Must be able to work collaboratively including via Microsoft Teams and other online meeting platforms.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks to support the team during busy seasons.
- The employee must be an energetic, flexible, and motivated self-starter who is ready to work with a dynamic and growing team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to understand project processes and standard progression for construction projects (i.e. document control).
- Expected to maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Standard knowledge of construction bidding procedures.
- Positive projection and maintenance of a professional image always.
- Proficient in Adobe Pro, Excel, Word, Outlook, and online databases (training provided for advanced software).
- Encourages, fosters, and promotes effective time management for all daily activities to produce quality results.
- Prior experience with construction required
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, means, and methods involved in the construction of commercial projects, buildings or other structures is preferred
- The ability to accurately read, comprehend and interpret construction requests for proposals is critical.
- LinkedIn marketing experience would be a plus but not required.
- Ability to develop a compliance matrix based on solicitation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of one year of experience in commercial construction
You’ll need to embrace Hernandez Consulting & Construction’s Core Values:
- We are Team Players.
- Work together towards a common goal of building great things.
- Maintain a family spirit across all departments/companies.
- Help other teams whenever possible.
- We are Self-Driven.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated.
- Produce great results without prodding.
- Push yourself to new limits.
- We are Solution Focused.
- Jump on issues quickly.
- Think outside the box.
- Bring problems with potential solutions.
- We are Accountable.
- Do what you say.
- Don’t over-promise.
- GET IT DONE.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Company Employee Bonus Program
- Opportunity to grow with an industry leader
- We’ll pay 80% of your Medical Health Insurance premiums through our carrier
- Employee paid Dental, and Vision plan
- Disability (short and long term)
- Life Insurance (employer-paid)
- 401k with match
- 3 weeks PTO, 8 holidays per year
- The company makes annual Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) contributions.
- Remote work for 2 days each week with supervisor approval
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. EMPLOYMENT OFFERS ARE CONTINGENT UPON A REVIEW OF REFERENCES, SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF A DRUG SCREEN, AND ANALYSIS OF FULL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS.
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Hernandez Consulting & Construction does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.