Hernandez Consulting & Construction (HC) is a regional general contractor and New Orleans Redevelopment Fund (NORF) is its affiliated real estate development arm. HC and NORF are seeking an experienced Real Estate Development Project Manager (PM).
The Development Project Manager (PM) will perform a wide variety of tasks related to planning and developing various multi-family, mixed-use, and commercial projects in Opportunity Zones located throughout the Gulf South Region. The PM will coordinate and implement all activities relating to project development from feasibility analysis through completion of construction. This position will provide direct, comprehensive support to the Director of Real Estate Development to ensure projects are conforming consistently with Company expectations.
- Evaluate potential development sites and perform feasibility analyses related to property acquisitions.
- Assist in preparing comprehensive real estate due diligence reports on properties for acquisition and financing
- Manage the pre-development process. Oversee project design development and preparation of project plans and specifications.
- Perform outreach duties and public relations work as needed, including attending community meetings.
- Coordinate with public agencies for permitting, inspections, insurance, assurance, and close-out requirements for developments.
- Secure entitlements, obtain project approvals from planning and building departments and other regulatory agencies.
- Assist in identifying and selecting project team members
- Create, maintain and update project schedules, budgets, and financial proformas
- Coordinate communication of project/property information with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee project team including the architect and general contractor during the renovation process as well as the site team (tenant liaison).
- Manage the construction process, including meeting lender and governmental requirements and processing of pay application and loan disbursement requests.
- Meet with and report to the Director of Real Estate Development on a regular basis to discuss issues associated with the development process.
- Undertake tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Real Estate Development.
- Experience with all phases of the development process. Previous experience working in development, architecture, or construction (or a construction-related field)
- Exposure to design issues and construction materials and methods
- Experience working with Historic Tax Credits, Tax Abatements, and other incentive programs is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong financial Pro-forma skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- The high degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability
- Ability to work within project teams and supervise the work of consultants.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects independently.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible with work schedule to attend evening or weekend meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in business, finance, accounting, construction management/architectural and/or real estate
- Advanced Degree preferred
Salary & Benefits
- Salaried position with the opportunity for bonus and carry participation in our funds.
- Full benefits package
New Orleans Redevelopment Fund (NORF) is an equal opportunity employer. New Orleans Redevelopment Fund (NORF) does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.