CONSTRUCTION TRAVELING SUPERINTENDENT
Your New Company:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is proudly an employee-owned project management firm and general contractor specializing in Design, Construction, Development & Sustainability. Having the best people is what makes Hernandez Consulting & Construction a top-tier leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our employee-owners. You too can play a critical role in the future of our company by starting your own career here at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. From federal buildings, VA hospitals, military housing to universities, hotels, and more, Hernandez Consulting & Construction has shaped America for over 16 years. Our work of building government and private buildings leaves a towering legacy that will last the test of time; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of commercial construction opportunities, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. Come be a part of our team while we have openings available!
Your New Role:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is looking for an individual, with at least 5 years of experience, to join its expanding team as a Construction Traveling Superintendent. You must demonstrate at least five (5) years of experience with the overall day-to-day supervision of field related construction activities for commercial construction projects.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Extensive technical and practical knowledge, and experience working for a General Contractor as a Construction Superintendent.
- Vista and/or Procore knowledge and experience are a plus.
- Manage, schedule, and coordinate subcontractors on general construction projects ranging in size from $3M to $10M.
- Ability to prepare or review technical engineering specifications and statements of work covering complex and diverse engineering designs or changes.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods as well as construction management.
- Ability to write and speak to report on progress and outcome of technical assignments and to present recommendations.
- Ability to monitor construction projects to a successful and timely completion.
- Knowledge of Primavera SureTrak scheduling software and/or other construction scheduling software packages, along with knowledge of estimating process.
- Knowledge of safety and occupational health principles, practices, procedures, laws and regulations as they relate to engineering performance requirements.
- Must be ok with regularly rolling up the sleeves and swinging a hammer to get the job done on smaller jobs.
- OSHA 30 and QA/QC Training a major plus.
- Military Veterans a major plus.
What you’ll be doing in your new role:
- Managing subcontractors.
- Expedites scheduled build.
- Maintain Company Reports (Weekly and Monthly).
- Notify Client and Architect of all potential time delays, changes, payments, and labor disputes.
- Maintain safety control.
- Administer the Client and Subcontractor contracts.
- Expedite material deliveries and labor to the project.
- Maintain delivery schedules for all material and equipment.
- Prepare subcontractor change orders.
- Maintain project budget and cost control.
- Maintains organization of the project job site office and site.
- Maintains quality control, production control, and job site administration.
- Maintain job site files.
- Maintain contract documents and keep up to date as-built drawings.
- Prepare monthly cost reports and coordinate projections with the Project Manager.
- Submit weekly labor reports.
- Keep Management advised of all potential issues or problems.
You’ll need to embrace Hernandez Consulting & Construction’s Core Values:
- We are Team Players
- We are Self-Driven
- We are Solution Focused
- We are Accountable
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- You’ll be part of a highly motivated team.
- Competitive salary.
- Room for growth.
- You’ll be able to collaborate and learn from our talent-laden team.
What's in It for You
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities.
- Very Competitive Salary with Vehicle/Cell Allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(K) retirement planning with employer matching
- Individual Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program - including sick and personal days
- A Real Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program. You’ll own stock in our company once vested.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S and pass a background check.
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Hernandez Consulting & Construction does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.