Vista Viewpoint Project Controls Manager
Your New Company:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is proudly an employee-owned project management firm and general contractor, specializing in Design, Construction, Development & Sustainability. Having the best people is what makes Hernandez Consulting & Construction a top-tier leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our employee-owners. You too can play a critical role in the future of our company by starting your own career here at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. From federal buildings, VA hospitals, military housing to universities, hotels, and more, Hernandez Consulting & Construction has shaped America for over 16 years. Our work of building government and private buildings leaves a towering legacy that will last the test of time; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of commercial construction opportunities, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Hernandez Consulting & Construction. Come be a part of our team while we have openings available!
Your New Role:
Hernandez Consulting & Construction, a 20% Employee-Owned ESOP, is looking for a motivated and energetic Vista Viewpoint Project Controls Manager to join its expanding team supporting commercial construction projects. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with a proven ability to work independently and efficiently, while also engaging closely with Operations Project Teams, Subcontractors, and Client/Owners. The ideal candidate will be results-driven with an Operational Readiness perspective and will have the technical capability in the Commercial Construction Project Management field and be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. They will report to the Director of Operations.
What you’ll be doing in your new role:
- Integrating Vista Viewpoint from the current Procore platform.
- Building out custom reporting to meet specific needs.
- Evaluating project health.
- Provide cost control support to prepare all monthly Project Control reporting deliverables and assist in establishing approved cash flow, tracking, and estimate development.
- Prepares specific budgets, plans, schedules, forecasts, and change management in accordance with prescribed standards and procedures. Assists in developing the requirements for budgeting, planning, scheduling, and forecasting standards.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications
- Sharing key project timeline dates between teams.
- Providing Project Management personnel visibility into real-time project status.
- Providing Vista Viewpoint management to internal and external project teams.
- Overseeing the Developing Work in progress.
- Incorporating financials.
- Drilling down into PCO and help identify and manage risk.
- Providing your visibility into project budgets and schedule value with real-time spending and billing insight.
- Managing Vista Viewpoint for communication and field capture.
- Streamlining project communication.
- Managing the recording of site activity.
- Managing Vista Viewpoint to detail audit history of correspondence and actions with workflow.
- Configuring Daily logs, RFI’s, Custom Forms, Photos, and issues for Project Managers’ usage.
- Managing the implementation of project documents into Vista Viewpoint.
- Training PM’s in how Vista Viewpoint works.
- Interface with Project Control personnel to ensure timely communication and support of project reporting requirements:
- Performs assigned tasks related to establishing and/or implementing project control standards for recording, reporting, and analyzing performance data.
- Completing performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Preparing cost (man-hours, dollars, and quantities), schedule, and performance/productivity reports and variance analysis as required to explain differences between budget, actual and forecasted expenditures, and baseline schedule and current schedule.
- Assisting in developing Work Breakdown Structures as directed.
- Performing routine data analysis and development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as directed.
- Maintaining continuous records of project cost or schedule status based upon input from the project team.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effects of project changes including but not limited to trends, scope changes, and delays.
- Alerting the Project Team and Cost/Schedule Engineer of cost or schedule impacts.
- Participating in any estimating, scheduling, planning, or cost-related activities as required to support the project team.
- Suggesting remedial action or workaround to the members of the Project Team so that they can maintain the project baseline estimate or schedule.
- Assisting in project close-out requirements; both financial and documentation.
- Effectively managing time, as deadlines are crucial in project management. Making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly is a critical part of the job
- Vista guru is a must!
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- BS / BA in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Five to ten years of construction project management or estimating experience is required.
- Education and/or training in the management of large amounts of information.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review data and convert that to project-related knowledge.
- Understanding of planning/scheduling and cost engineering and/or estimating.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Procore and Vista Viewpoint required.
You’ll need to adhere to our core values:
- We are Team Players
- We are Self-Driven
- We are Solution Focused
- We are Accountable
Benefits you’ll get in return:
- Full benefits package:
- Disability (short and long term)
- Life Insurance (employer-paid)
- 401k with match
- 3 weeks PTO, 8 holidays per year
- Competitive salary
- Company employee bonus program
- Opportunity to grow with an industry leader
- We’ll pay 80% of your Medical Health Insurance premiums
- Employee paid Dental, and Vision plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Program. The company makes annual Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) contributions
Hernandez Consulting & Construction is an equal opportunity employer. Hernandez Consulting & Construction does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.